11 reasons to love our Prophet Sal Allahu Alahi Wasalam
To: Members of Slaves of Allah
By: Fareeda Amathullah
In the Name of Allah the Most Gracious and the All Compassionate
Loving RasulAllah Sallallahu Alayhi Wassalam.
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu
Verily, there has come unto you a Messenger (Muhammad SAW) from amongst yourselves (i.e. whom you know well). It grieves him that you should receive any injury or difficulty. He (Muhammad SAW) is anxious over you (to be rightly guided, to repent to Allah, and beg Him to pardon and forgive your sins, in order that you may enter Paradise and be saved from the punishment of the Hell-fire), for the believers (he sal Allahu alahi wa salam is) full of pity, kind, and merciful.
The attributes of Allah Taala are perfect – PERFECT! So if Allah Taala has attributed these same names to RasulAllah Sallallahu Alayhi Wasslam, then it his because the Prophet sallullahu alayhi wassalam shows a degree of perfection in the way he was lenient, and merciful (rauf, and raheem), and shows that he is the perfect example as a human being, for one to follow.
1) Love Allah Taala – If you love Allah, you will love everything he loves, and therefore you have to love his messenger.
2) Love RasulAllah Sallallahu Alayhi Wassalam to the point where you love the things because he loved them, and hated things because he loved them.
3) Read the Quran – read the translation. Remember: Know the meaning of the Quran, and the Quran will become meaningful to you.
4)Learn about his great personality and character and how he interacted with people, live your life emulating that character.
5)Learn about the sacrifices he made for the ummah (read his seerah, martin lings has a very good english translation, and the sealed nectar or raheequlmakhtum is awesome too)
6) Constantly send salaam AND salat (both are ordered by the Quran – this shows another level of his distinguishment) on RasulAllah Sallallhu Alayhi Wassalam. Again Know meaning of the Salaam and Salaat, and it will become meaningful to you
7)Love all people he loved, and hate all people he hated.
8) Raise awareness about him – DON’T BE SHY!!! Talk about him. Right now is the perfect time since we are so directed at by the media. It is something controversial that some non-muslims may be intimidated to talk to you about. Give them the hadeeth about the jewish lady and her garbage. Watch the amazed look on their face as they have heard it for the first time, trying to look for the words to describe their feelings (they don’t know about Subhan’Allah yet!)
9) DEFEND HIM!!!!! He is being attacked by left and right, and we are such cowards. Write letters, refute the claims people give against, MAKE THEM REALIZE that they are talking about the most loved man in history. If not all of the other great reasons, this is a perfect reason why you should learn about him and his life. When people are attacking him they are attacking You, and more importantly they are attacking Allah Taala! Listen to this lecture by Imam Anwar Awlaki : http://www.anwar-alawlaki.com/2008/0…r-settle-down/.
Learn about the sahaba who defended him at war. About Muadh RA and Abu Bakr RA how he gaurded RasulAllah Sallullahu Alayhi Wassalam with his own body, during war. And make sure you are CONSTRUCTIVE in the ways that you defend him.
10) “Before the fatwa, have some taqwa” – don’t just talk about random issues in islam attempting to give authority, because you heard one opinion from some shaykh. Know what you’re talking about, and FEAR Allah Taala, before you say anything incorrect.
11) Increase your own good deeds, and ibadat. Because essentially every good that we do goes back to him, and the message he spread with the help of Allah Taala. YOU are his, sallallu alayhi wassalam’s, sadaqa jariah, so go and help other people, be a good muslim, and spread the message of Islam.
And those who will love Allah messenger, sallallhu alayhi wassalam, will be the closest to him on the Day Of Judgement